"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied." Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God." Matthew 5:9

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Screaming and Yelling for the Wesleys




Roland Wesley's family has worked very hard to bring their son home from EE.  He also has arthrogryposis.  Here is his picture.  Isn't he darling.  Congratulations to the Wesley family.  He will be home very soon

Here is the fb post his mom, Alexis wrote today when she walked out of the orphanage with her son.


Early this afternoon I carried my son out of an orphanage where he was left the day he was born and has not had a single visitor since. Tonight I sang my little guy to sleep. Gave him his first real bath. Watched fear turn to splashy fun! Tried to teach him to chew with his teeth. Handed him his first toy that belongs to him. Helped him overcome his fear of the scary umbrella in the rain. Took him
 for a walk in the city to find diapers and he got so overwhelmed and hid his face in my chest the whole time, then spit up down my shirt. Poor guy. Did some light stretching and OT. He raises his hands and I cheerfully take him into my arms. He wants down right away so he can hold his arms up and be picked up over and over again. Right now we're holding hands and I'm watching him sleep. Just one day and his life is changed. He is loved. He will never be left again.

No comments:

Post a Comment