"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied." Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God." Matthew 5:9

Monday, January 21, 2013

ruminations

This is me when I first started this blog.
Jesus says: what so ever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.











What can I do for the least of these, these children of God, my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I fell in love with this little boy and was moved to start to do something even if it was just this little blog.

And this is me now

I have figured out what I have to do for the orphans of Eastern Europe.  The words came to me when I was pondering (see photo above).  I took the words right off of Julia's blog.  and decided I was going to SCREAM and YELL for these ophans.  Igor was my first post.  He has a family now.

Here is Victoria who I blogged about here and here.  It took a lot of screaming and yelling and she also has a family now.  I am not taking credit for that, because so many other people were also blogging and fundraising for her.  

Then from many friends I found out that this 15 year old girl needed to be adopted quickly because on her 16th birthday she would be transferred to a mental institution.  She has a family now also.
She is now Alexandra Harlan and she has six brothers and sisters.


I have started to share these orphan stories with my 7th grade students who I teach in a Bible study.   Their eyes have been opened and their hearts also.  They asked to do a fundraiser for the orphans.   I found out that I can do small deeds and make a difference to one of these.
Read, donate, pray











No comments:

Post a Comment